Consent indicates that you are a voluntary and willing participant. Consent is important in all sexual activities like kissing, touching or having sex. If you do not feel comfortable at any stage, you should be able to indicate your discomfort to your partner, and he or she should be willing to stop. This is your legal right. All non-consensual sexual activities are against the law.
- The legal age of consent differs from country to country.
- If someone has sex with you without your consent, it is considered rape.
- If someone touches or kisses you without your consent, it is seen as sexual assault.
- Consent is important even between married partners.
- Consent is important between heterosexual as well as homosexual couples.